Fall 2023/ 5784
Have you taken a previous version of Ruach and want to continue practicing and deepening your embodiment?
Apply for Intermediate Ruach this fall, Thursdays from 5:30-7:30pm!
What we do
In this group we will:
- Engage in body-based practices that build our understanding of ourselves, increase our sense of agency, and help us be more present and connected.
- Feel ourselves, each other, our ancestors, and spirit through our bodies.
- Connect with other anti-Zionist Jews through practice.
- Tell and honor our Jewish stories in an embodied way with ritual.
Please email Wendy if you have any questions: wsomerson(at)gmail.com
Who should apply?
- Anyone who took any of the previous versions of Ruach
- Especially Jews who don’t feel “Jewish enough or feel “too Jewish,” Mizrahi, Sephardic, and Jews of color,
- Queer Jews, working class Jews, poor Jews and disabled Jews.
- We will meet on Zoom for 10 Thursdays starting Sept 28th from 5:30-7:30pm PST
- We will meet on Sept 28th, October 5, 12, 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, (skip 23), 30, Dec 7th
- The cost is $85/ session. There are three scholarship spots.
“Wendy is such a joy to work with! They facilitate each Ruach group with care and intention and authenticity.” -Jewish educator
“I appreciate Wendy’s gentle, playful, humble approach. I experience spirit & intuition & bravery in their presence.” –Jewish artist
“After a year of participating in these groups, I give myself more permission to be Jewish, I sing and dance more, I reach for connection more, check in with myself, and am more active in my politics.” –Jewish farmer
- Apply here by September 8th
- We will get back to you around September 12th
I lead body-based healing groups for social justice activists, organizers, and cultural workers.
SEATTLE SOMATIC HEALERS NETWORK
We formed during the pandemic to respond to isolation and find ways to feel more centered, connected, and resourced.
BODY BASED HEALING GROUPS
We focus on building the necessary skills to reconnect with ourselves, our sense of spirit, and each other.